Each unit starts on a Monday at 09:00 (GMT) and ends the Monday morning after.
There are four units in this course which, for better learning experience, are divided into four weekly sessions.
Each week the course will cover one unit of learning, which consists of up to four individual lessons. Each lesson in turn consists of an introduction, and collaborative learning sessions in which you share your thoughts with fellow participants. The lesson ends by recapping what you have just learnt by listing the learning points.
At the end of each unit there is a live workshop, hosted by a facilitator to explore the subject in more detail, answer questions about challenges and good practices. These workshops (hosted via Clickmeeting) will be held at 10:00 (GMT) or 15:00 (GMT), and recordings of these sessions will be made available within about an hour after, for you to catch up or review the conversations.
Each Unit will end with a quiz, to test your knowledge and understanding of the materials covered. At the end of the course there will be a final quiz covering all the course materials, and which will lead to you receiving a Certificate of Achievement.
Here is a summary of our course structure:
- The course consists of several units, with each unit covering a specific subject.
- Each unit consisting of several lessons which go into different aspects of the subject being taught.
- Each lesson consist of several topics, which consist out of an introduction to the subject, an investigation session comprising reading/video, followed by one or two interactive sessions where participants can engage with each other, as well as with their facilitators.
- Each unit round off with a live workshop. There are two workshop options. Attend the one the best suits your time zone or other commitments,
- and is then followed by a quiz to help ensure that you clearly understand the subject area covered. If you do not pass the quiz at first, you may want to revisit topics if there was something you didn’t quite understand. You can retake the quiz as many times as you like.
- The course ends with a final quiz, and on successful completion you will be offered a Certificate of Achievement. This can be your starting point in developing your career in child safeguarding.
To maximise the course learning experience, we recommend participants engage at either of the core hours (chose one, depending on which best suits your time zone/working hours). While taking part in these activities is not necessary, we do however strongly advise participants to take part in the live workshops!
For these workshops we recommend you register/login at least 5 minutes before (there is a waiting room), so you are ready to go when the workshop starts.
All courses will be held in English, so that participants can all understand each other, with Spanish language courses becoming available shortly too. If your organisation has specific language requirements, please do get in touch with our team to discuss options.
When you have completed all the topics, and get 100% in the final course quiz, you will earn a Certificate of Achievement. If you do not get a full mark first time round, don’t worry. You can retake the quiz as many times as you need to. The reason for asking you to achieve a 100% score is that we want to be sure you have understood all the lessons learnt. Child safeguarding is too important for participants not to know all the lessons that have been taught.
The personalised certificate details the syllabus and learning outcomes, providing evidence of your interest in, and understanding of, child safeguarding, and can be downloaded in a digital format.
Accessing this course
You can access this course using a variety of devices, including smartphones, tablets, laptop or desktop computers. However, accessing these lessons using a PC will enable you to see the content on a larger screen, which makes it easier to work and learn, especially for the interactive exercises.
All courses have been designed to be as accessible as possible. But, there may be some interactive exercises that could be difficult to access if you use a mobile or screen reader device. Please let us know if you have any problems, and we will do all we can to help.
Besides our three learning programmes, every year we also hold several live conference events (both offline and/or online), which offer great opportunities to find out about the latest learnings in child safeguarding, meet the experts, and network with fellow practitioners. To stay updated and get announcements, do sign up to our newsletter (see below), or follow us on Linkedin.