- Duration: 2 weeks, approximately 2 hours study time per day
- 100 per cent online
- Language: English
- Structure: a mix of learning at your own pace with in-depth video resources, assignments and live sessions on set dates
- Award: Certificate of Attendance
- Discounts: a 10% discount applies to members of the KCS Global Network on registration.
All training courses and membership services are free to small organisations. All income generated is reinvested within Keeping Children Safe.
About this course
This online workshops designed specifically for designated Child Safeguarding Focal Points will help you gain the skills and knowledge to carry out your role.
Over two weeks you will:
- Learn about the International Child Safeguarding Standards and how to implement them
- Identify child safeguarding best practices, tools and resources across a range of functions including communications, recruitment, HR and programmes
- Understand how to:
- develop a child safeguardingtraining plan for staff and partners
- ensure that concerns are reported using appropriate systems
- evaluate risk management strategies and provide recommendations when appropriate in operations, programme design and other activities
- identify key audiences and channels, and develop an effective child safeguarding communication planning
- communicate effectively with beneficiaries and manage sensitive information
- develop and effectively incorporate monitoring and evaluation activities, and present critical information for senior management.
Video resources and learning materials can be accessed at your own pace within the course of two weeks. Each recorded session includes assignments for you to complete and submit to the course tutor.
Live Child Safeguarding Focal Points training sessions take place on Zoom, four times per week on set dates. These sessions are for all participants to connect, discuss work and answer your questions.
If you are interested in setting up bespoke training for your organisation, please get in touch with our team.