By becoming a KCS member, you are joining a powerful network of not-for-profit organisations (NGOs) and private companies working with children in over 120 countries around the world.
All levels of membership offer access to:
- Introductory training: A free introductory webinar on child safeguarding tailored to the needs of your organisation and open to all of your staff, followed by free webinars on more specific safeguarding issues
- Network: All of our members and staff are invited to join our online Community of Practice, where you can access webinars and share ideas and successes with your peers around the world
- Workshops: A ten percent discount on capacity building training and workshops for your organisation and/or local partner organisations
- Support: Ongoing coaching, mentoring and technical advice
- Events: An invitation to join Keeping Children Safe’s Annual Members’ Conference as well as regional events
- Expertise: Free access to our safeguarding tools, links to research papers, and resources in English, French, Spanish and Arabic
- News: Find out what’s happening and keep up with the latest trends and research papers, or sign up to our newsletter.
Be recognised for your commitment
Keeping Children Safe defines two types of membership for not-for-profit organisations:
- Associate membership: is suitable for NGOs that are in the process of implementing their Child Safeguarding framework
- Full membership: is suitable for NGOs that are already committed to demonstrating effective child safeguarding measures and want to stay up-to-date with developments and influence other organisations to do the same.
To get started with your membership application you will have completed our free self-assessment and be aware of your strengths and weaknesses. Now is the time to act and apply for membership.
Our NGO membership levels explained:
Our Associate Members are organisations that are working towards, and willing to strengthen, their child safeguarding measures.
We will work closely with you to consider the outcomes and implications of your self-assessment, and recommend next steps to ensure that the children that you work with, and come into contact with, stay safe.
Once your organisation has successfully set up a Child Safeguarding Framework, we strongly recommend that you apply to become a Full Member, which will help to reinforce your commitment to the International Child Safeguarding Standards, and enable you to flag this with donors and supporters.
Our Full Members already have a Child Safeguarding Framework in place, aim to demonstrate that they are implementing effective safeguarding measures, and are committed to influencing others to do the same.
Full Members benefit from being listed as a KCS recognised network member and are awarded the KCS kitemark, demonstrating their commitment to delivering the highest standards of child safeguarding. The renowned integrity and quality of the KCS kitemark means that these standards are kept at the highest possible level.
What are you waiting for?
To ensure that the children that your organisation is responsible for are being looked after to the highest international standards, complete our free self-assessment or, if you have already done that, apply for membership today. If you have any questions or want to find out which level of membership is right for you, do get in touch to speak to one of our team members.