Keeping Children Safe creates real change by transforming the lives of children. We don’t just help organisations embed rigorous international child safeguarding standards into their every-day operations, but also through research influence the policies and actions of governments, international institutes and the corporate sector, in order to mobilise and drive them to enact these standards.
In short: Everything we do is about helping to protect children around the world from exploitation and abuse.
We create change and influence others by building on the insights generated by our work for children, their families, the people that work with and alongside children, those that are dedicated to preventing child abuse from happening – and those who investigate when an incident of abuse is suspected.
We know that we can only achieve success and the scale of impact needed to make children safe is by challenging governments and organisations with the power and resources to influence and change their policies and practices on child safeguarding.
A snapshot of our work
- We champion effective UK foreign assistance funding through the Department for International Development (DfID)
- We engage the United Nations to ensure that refugee children are protected in humanitarian emergencies
- We develop evidence-based policy proposals based on research, to influence decision-making at the highest levels
- We work with others to inform policymakers and build the political will to drive meaningful change at local, national and international levels
- The evidence for our research and advocacy work is generated by our programmes in 120 countries, from organisations within our member network, and from government and the corporate sector sources
Explore our advocacy
We work in over 120 countries around the world. Read more about our case studies and the regions we work in, and the expertise that we have been developing in different sectors.
We are here to help
If your organisation works for and with children, then it is high time to check if you have put rigorous child safeguarding measures in place – starting from the top of the organisation, right down to your field staff and outside suppliers. Prevention, after all, is better than lives destroyed because of abuse.