- Duration: 4 weeks, approximately 3 hours of study time each week
- 100 per cent online
- Language: English
- Structure: a mix of learning at your own pace and live workshops
- Award: Certificate of Achievement
- Discounts: A 10% discount applies to members of the KCS global network on registration.
All training courses and membership services are free to small organisations. All income generated from our training courses is reinvested back into KCS to help more people like you to keep even more children safe.
About this course
Using the KCS International Child Safeguarding Standards as a foundation, this course will help you develop an understanding of child safeguarding and how to implement it in your organisation.
Developed with experts from University College London and Brunel University, during this course, you will participate in an interactive mix of weekly self-paced, collaborative learning activities, discussion forums, live workshops, resources and online mentoring from facilitators actively working in the field. It includes quizzes and a final end-of-course assessment.
This course is designed for everybody: from individuals to staff and volunteers in all organisations.
Over four weeks, you will:
- Consider the context for children, to help you be more child-focused, raise your awareness of the environment in which children might be living and the implications of this for child safeguarding.
- Understand more about child abuse – what do we understand by the term child abuse? What does it mean in our own country, or in the country where we are working? How do local contexts influence how children are safeguarded?
- Learn about child safeguarding and the International Child Safeguarding Standards
- Learn how to recognise and respond to safeguarding concerns and abuse.