Keeping Children Safe has one goal: to keep the world’s most vulnerable children safe from abuse. We do this by setting tough International Child Safeguarding Standards that ensure all organisations working directly for and with children are not only guided by the right kind of child safeguarding policies and reporting mechanisms – but strive to put them at the heart of everything they do.
Why it matters
We are an independent charity, which means we need the generous help of people like you to support the work we do. And there is a lot of work still to be done. Just consider these figures:
- A child dies every 5 minutes as a result of violence and abuse
- Disabled children are between three or four times more likely to be subjected to violence and neglect
- Almost 200 million children have been victims of sexual abuse
- An estimated 246 million children are harassed and abused on the way to, or at school.
We need your help
There are many ways in which our work makes a big difference, protecting the well-being of over 134 million children around the world:
- KCS is the only international organisation focused specifically on child safeguarding capacity building of organisations that work with or for children
- Our team of dedicated social workers, law enforcement experts and child safeguarding practitioners have trained over 4,000 organisations in almost every country in the world
- We offer a certification scheme for all organisations that work with or come into contact with children, so they can demonstrate their commitment to child safeguarding
- Our audit of organisations is thorough and comprehensive. We train staff, and we encourage teams to run background checks on recruits
- We help families and communities to understand what they can do to support children and young people
- Our aim is to build a comprehensive online resource library, featuring the latest in child safeguarding research and news
- Our workshops cover a wide range of topics related to safeguarding children.
Your money is in safe hands
Because we’re passionate about ending child abuse, we are determined that every penny of your support is put to the best possible use.
To get a better idea of where our money goes, please do download a copy of our latest Annual Review (pdf). As a company limited by guarantee and an independent registered charity, our accounts are independently audited and submitted to Companies House annually, and we also report to the Charity Commission, an independent body that regulates the activities of charities in the UK.
We hope you will join us in making child safeguarding a priority around the world.
There is still so much work to be done. So, please do consider funding our work. Your money will help us to train more professionals in child safeguarding; put on more workshops and conferences – allowing us to reach even bigger audiences; as well as campaign and lobby governments more effectively. In short, you will be helping to give our work more impact – and thereby protect so many more children from abuse.
We couldn’t do it without your help.
Ways to give
We believe that no child should be abused. That’s why we’re here, and it’s what drives everything we do. Your donation will make sure that we can continue to keep fighting for every childhood. Whichever way you choose to give, your money will be making a real difference to children around the world.
Please take a look at the many ways you can give to our work. Every donation helps make a difference to a child around the world.